Poultry & Eggs Benefits
U.S. poultry and eggs not only taste good but they are also good for you. Select from the following food items below to find more information about their benefits. Check out our page on proper safety and handling to keep foodborne illnesses at bay.
- High-quality protein, essential vitamins and minerals, and is very affordable.
- The American Heart Association has declared that an egg a day is permitted, and data fully supports that "an egg or two a day really is okay."
- The egg yolk can potentially be a preventative strategy against age-related degeneration.
- Eggs are inspected by the USDA and graded accordingly.
- Chicken has no carbohydrates and is lower in fat than beef and pork.
- Because chicken is lean and high in protein, it is considered one of the healthiest foods humans consume.
- Chicken is one of the most versatile foods in the world, it can be roasted, fried, barbequed, microwaved, pre-cooked, and found ready to eat.
- USDA inspectors to maintain the highest quality in the world inspect U.S. chicken.
- Because USDA inspectors are highly trained, any sign of disease within a carcass is detected very early.
- Hormones are not used to raise chickens, only antibiotics are provided to the birds to prevent disease, and are used only when necessary under the supervision of a licensed veterinarian.
- Duck is high in protein and iron and low in carbs.
- U.S. ducks are raised indoors for protection from the elements; this helps them be of the highest quality possible.
- Raised on nutritious grains such as soybeans and corn.
- Shipped in climate-controlled containers.
- Natural breeding and feeding without compromising the flavor.
- The USDA, like chicken and turkey, federally inspects ducks.
- Additives are not allowed on fresh duck or goose.
- Turkey has less calories and more protein than beef or pork.
- USDA officials use the same methods to inspect turkey as chicken, this maintains the standard of high quality.
- Turkey provides the opportunity for quick meal preparation.
- With a low flavor profile and fat content, turkey makes it easy to add other meat products to make a 100% poultry product.
- It blends well with other meat materials for a delicious taste.